17.5.07

Take it easy Kylie. I wait for you!


Hi Everyone,

This message comes to you from the Big Apple!

It's a really exciting time for me as a number of projects which have been in the pipeline for some time are slowly coming to fruition.

After performing a jazz set at Cafe de Flores for Chloe's anniversary party in Paris a few years ago, I spent some time in the studio with Steve Anderson recording more songs of that nature. During that time it was my pleasure to discover the songs and talents of Blossom Dearie and she became a great inspiration to me. Thus I was honoured to have the privilege of meeting the legendary lady herself yesterday.

A couple of these recorded tracks, including 'I'm Hip' and 'You Are There', are featured on the soundtrack to the documentary film 'White Diamond' which was made in the lead up to and during the ‘Homecoming’ tour. William Baker directed this two hour film, in which there are many funny and many tearful moments. I have to admit I was a little nervous to work on such a revealing project and I did pull the plug several times, but due to Willie's persistence it is now almost finished. It gives a great insight into the world of touring and the touring family. We will let you know as soon as we have confirmed a release date.

Work on my next studio album is coming along nicely. So many of you have asked "When will it be out?", and my answer is, as soon as it's ready, though I hope it will be later this year. It is so important for me to get it right, hence so much travel and experimentation.

Further to all of this, we are continuing to develop the film musical whilst here in New York.

So, much to keep me busy and hopefully much for you to look forward to!

Love Kylie x

No comments: